We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains how we use any personal information that you
provide to us through our website, app or call-centres.
Yupple Inc Ltd. ("Yupple", we or us) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of data protection law, the controller is Yupple Inc Ltd. of Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. Yupple Inc is a company registered in England & Wales, Registration Number 11387680.
What information do we collect?
When you use our products and services we will ask for personal information. We will always make it clear why this information is required from you.
Generally, unless otherwise required, We will collect the following from you and make it private and required as outlined:
- Your full name - Displayed Publicly on the site.
- Your postal address and payment details - Private and Protected.
- Your email address - Private and Protected.
- Your telephone number - Private and Protected.
- Your IP address - Private and Protected.
- Your date of birth - Private and Protected.
- Your sex - Private and Protected.
In compliance with the GDPR policy changes we now allow all users of our site to amend, change or delete (permanently) their personal data at anytime by means of digital communication.
How we protect your personal information?
We use end-to-end encryption technology and other technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information against any unauthorised or unlawful processing. Our servers are securely located in the United Kingdom and feature the latest robust security software services. While we cannot guarantee against any accidental loss, destruction or damage, we work hard to prevent it.
You can read more about our security measures here: Yupple Security
How will we use the information about you?
We will use information collected about you for a number of reasons including:
- Providing functional services on the Yupple platform.
- Enabling our members to advertise and/or promote their homes on Yupple.
- Enabling Yupple to promote/advertise our members homes via multiple channels including but not limited to print, digital, tv and mobile.
- Enabling prospective interested parties to view descriptions and images of homes and member profiles.
- Enabling Yupple to view various statistics about our platform users including trends in prices and inflation.
- Enabling Yupple to view various statistics about neighbourhoods and areas.
- Enabling Yupple to make use of member data for the purposes of commercial services; like recommendations, surveys, automated data processing and property service referrals. (We will never sell our users data).
How will we contact you?
We like to keep our members up to date with what is going on and send our members information about products and services of ours, which may be of interest to them.
If you have consented to receive marketing by email, post or telephone, you can opt out at anytime. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please log in to your account and de-activate the service.
We do not share our members information with any third parties for marketing purposes unless they have consented to do so.
Links to other websites
Yupple.com, YuppleInc.com, Yupple.org, Yupple.me, Yupl.co and Yupple.io may contain links to other websites.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet activity information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
We do run AdSense units throughout Yupple which may contain their own cookie policies. You can get more information here.
You have the right to request:
Information about how your personal data is processed; a copy of that personal data; that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately.
You can also:
Raise an objection about how your personal data is processed, Request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it, Ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances.
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer.
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, Yupple will take reasonable steps to let you know.
How to contact us
Contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you:
Have any questions about anything in this document or Think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled.
You can contact the DPO here:
Data Protection Officer
Yupple Inc Ltd.
160 City Road